What we do
- Savonlinna International Education Center –project (01.07.2017 - 30.06.2019) is funded by the European Union and the City of Savonlinna.
- We provide scientifically tested, high-quality Finnish teaching methods for foreign educators. We always combine latest educational theory to practical solutions.
- Our professional and experienced staff provides tailored and high quality in-service –training courses for foreign teachers, principals and administrators.
- We provide a student-oriented learning and teaching methods that emphasize 21st century skills.
- We offer facilities and know-how to organize unforgettable camping schools.
Learn more about our products here
Team / Experts
SIEC-team consists of experienced and highly-motivated professionals
Mr. Markku Kankkunen
Mr Markku Kankkunen has a versatile and long experience on entrepreneurial and educational leadership. He has worked for years as Director of Savonlinna Education Department and as teacher and vice principal in Helsinki and Lappeenranta. He has been a Lecturer on schooling policy at the University of Eastern Finland for 10 years. He has got several publications in scientific journals and conferences around the world, especially focused on learning for understanding.
Mrs. Jenni Mikkonen
Mrs. Jenni Mikkonen has many years of experience in the research and development of tourism in Finland and cooperating with tourism businesses. In SIEC she is coordinating marketing and communications, partner school cooperation and developing educational travel.
Mr. Henri Pennanen
Mr. Henri Pennanen is an expert educator specialized in curriculum building, teacher training, methodology and e-learning. He has worked as a class teacher, principal and project manager in various education development projects at the educational administration in the City of Savonlinna.
Ms. Jin Liu
Ms. Jin Liu is a business consultant and advisor of SIEC and the owner and managing director of ChinaWave Oy. She has worked as a teacher in high school in Beijing, and marketing manager in Nokia China. Various working experiences make her understand Chinese business market. She also helped to open connection between Savonlinna city and China, and originated the actual cooperation in business and education between Savonlinna and Haidian of Beijing.