Savonlinna – An unique environment to learn in the heart of Finnish lakeland
- Savonlinna is a peaceful and cosy city of about 35 000 inhabitants.
- The city is built on seven islands, also called “the pearl of the Lake Saimaa”. Saimaa is the biggest freshwater lake in Finland and fourth biggest in Europe.
- Savonlinna is known of its unique, pure landscape and diverse nature. There is clear water and fresh air all around. Our lakeland is a natural habitat for example for the endangered Saimaa Ringed Seal.
- Our city is known also of its high-quality cultural offering throughout the year. Every July the city hosts an internationally known Savonlinna Opera Festival, held at the medieval Olavinlinna castle.
- Traditionally, our wonderful landscape has been a source of inspiration for various artists, both Finnish and foreign.
- Our city has a long-standing tradition in offering professional training for teachers.
Why is Finland / Savonlinna worth visiting:
- We have The best educational system in the world
- Our spectacular, pure nature with thousands of lakes provide interesting educational opportunities. Finland is one of the most forested countries in the world: over 70 % of the country’s surface area is forest. Forests has many healing powers, such as reducing stress and blood pressure.
- We have the best air quality in the world, the cleanest water and most lakes in Europe. Finland is also one of the quietest countries in the world.
- Friendly and happy people: Finland is the happiest country in the world with most trusted people.
- The safest country in the world to visit.